Web Design is one of the key factors when breaking down the meaning of a website. A web design sets the mood for a visitor. When it comes to designing a website, a developer will focus on many different aspects. They will generally go from the color to coding standards. Although, many things will be in there to focus on all at once, there are a couple things we have simplified to make your life a bit easier. Getting down these things will put you on the right path when it comes to designing a great website.
1. New Trends. Keeping up with the new web trends is very important for every designer to do.
3. Color Tones. Pick out color shades for your site. Based on the website job category, select relating shades of tones.
4. Compress Your CSS. Compressing your CSS files is a way to lower your page kb. There are certain things in a CSS file that can be simplified and don’t need to be rewritten more than 4 plus times. Use a CSS compressor to your benefit.
5. Lower Page Size of your website. Remove all the heavy clutter on your website. This can mean removing all the heavy images and using compressions to your advantage. Search Engines prefer websites that load faster and are lighter weight. Daily internet searchers have the same preferences. They are used to view so many websites in a day (its mind blowing). Without knowing it, these individuals have a ‘virtual attention span’ as we like to a call it. AKA They will get bored very very quickly. In other terms, if a website takes 2 seconds and up to load, they will most likely exit or click back and search for another site. It is important to make your website as fast as possible. This will reduce page bounce rates. Some website will go under a second for load times, yes, it can sound extreme!
6. Psychology. Study psychology and you will know how the human mind works, this can lead to creating a design that can relate and attract in many viewers to always come back for more.
7. SEO. Correct meta tagging and h tagging placement from the start of a design is always a good practice.
8. Google Friendly. If google saw your site, would they be friends? Ask yourself this and learn to impress your future friend!
9. Clean Coding. Make sure your coding is not in a messy format. Always practice clean coding methods on your website. Having your entire script cleaned up will allow you to easily go back and change or modify something easily. This will make your life much easier as a web designer.
10. Creative. Always be as creative as you can when it comes to a website, but also stay within the standards of design! So you can be in the ‘box’, but take a peak out of it!